By Maureen DeGarmo and Lisa Mark, C.P.O.
Have you ever been at a doctor’s office where you couldn’t wait to escape? Here are 10 signs that you are in the wrong place.
- You do not feel heard
- You do feel rushed
- The visit confuses rather than clarifies
- The doctor repeatedly interrupts you
- The doctor does not appear to be listening to you
- You do not have enough time to discuss everything that concerns you
- The doctor pays more attention to the person with you than she does to you
- The doctor provides remedies that do not apply to you, such as telling you to stop smoking when you don’t smoke
- The doctor is condescending, either in tone or in actions
- The doctor does not allow you to share important information that might have changed follow up care and treatment options.